H2 TEXT FOR SEARCH ENGINES
Our novel approach helps you with CVD risk stratification for individualizing treatment of patients
Cardiovascular disease remains the leading cause of death in the United States despite current guideline-driven care and good therapeutic efforts.1,2 Boston Heart can identify patients at residual risk of cardiovascular disease.
Boston Heart is transforming the treatment of cardiovascular disease by providing you and your patients with novel diagnostics and reports that propel our personalized, scientifically designed nutrition and lifestyle programs. All have the power to change the way you and your patients communicate, and to drive outcomes and behavior modification for improving heart health.
- Our comprehensive yet focused diagnostic test portfolio includes the Boston Heart HDL Map®, Boston Heart Cholesterol Balance®, Boston Heart Statin Induced Myopathy (SLCO1B1) Genotype, Boston Heart Prediabetes Assessment®, Boston Heart Fatty Acid Balance™ and other advanced cardiovascular and cardiogenomics tests. We work with you to address your at-risk and secondary prevention patients with our advanced diagnostics and individualized reports, and lifestyle management tools and services.
- The Boston Heart Diagnostic Report is where your patient’s heart health story begins as a breakthrough communication tool designed to improve patient engagement, health literacy and adherence to your treatment plans. This personalized report has the power to put diagnostics insights into action and drive behavior modification. The patient centric report turns complex information about the patient’s heart health into easy-to-understand, actionable steps. Test results are written in terms the patient can understand and we use a familiar color coding system to grab the patient’s attention and help them understand their test results.
- Novel diagnostics and reports propel our personalized, scientifically designed Lifestyle Program which helps drive outcomes and behavior modification for improving heart health. With the Boston Heart Lifestyle Program, your patients receive a personalized nutrition and activity life plan generated with input from their diagnostic test results and personal food preferences. This Boston Heart Life Plan also provides your patients with specific actions that they can take to improve test results. Once your patients leave your office, they can rely on the support of a Boston Heart Registered Dietitian coach to guide them into setting incremental behavioral goals and provide encouragement and accountability as they work to make lifestyle changes and get their test results to green.
- Portals facilitate education, motivation and communication. Your patients will have access to a constantly growing library of educational and motivational resources via our patient portal. Life Plans, coaching notes and laboratory reports are available to you via our healthcare provider portal to ensure that you can stay informed on your patients’ progress.
1. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Heart disease facts. CDC Web site. http://www.cdc.gov/heartdisease/facts.htm.
2. CzirakyMJ. The impact of residual CVD risk in the managed care setting. Am J Manag Care. 2009;15:S74-S80. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19355806
3. Roger VL, Go AS, Lloyd-Jones DM, et al; for The American Heart Association Statistics Committee and Stroke Statistics Subcommittee. Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics— 2011 Update: A Report from the American Heart Association. Circulation. 2011;123:e18–e209.
- Learn more with Boston Heart videos.
- Boston Heart is ready for ICD-10. Are you?
- Did you know?
- CVD claims more lives each year than cancer, chronic lower respiratory disease and accidents combined.3
- Approximately every 25 seconds, an American will have a coronary event, and approximately every minute, someone will die of one.3
- The total direct and indirect cost of CVD and stroke in the United States for 2007 is estimated to be $286 billion. This figure includes health expenditures and lost productivity resulting from mortality.3
- Risk Calculator
- Test Menu
- For a complete listing and description of tests performed in our laboratory, see our Test Menu.